Call to Prayer – Dominican Republic – Daniel 7:13-14
In this episode Herbie Newell prays with us through Lifeline prayers for Wednesday October 25 focusing on the Dominican Republic.
- Ninos de la Luz, the boys home we partner with in the DR
- Pray that the boys who live at Ninos will trust Christ as their Savior and know the love of their heavenly Father for them.
- Pray for God to provide new house parents for both homes.
- Pray for the Haslets as the continue networking with local churches. Their desire is to begin implementing prevention against family disruption training with the local churches.
- Pray for wisdom for the leadership at Ninos, Jon and Shannon Haslett, especially as they help the boys work through trauma they’ve experienced.
- Pray for the rest of the staff, Duglas, Orianna, Hanna, Christian, and Marcos. Pray for wisdom, patience, and encouragement for the staff.
- Pray for wisdom for (un)adopted to grow and deepen our relationship with Ninos. Pray for the caregiver training that has taken place there twice and that it will be implemented there to continue changing hearts and lives.
- Pray for the church in DR, that they will be faithful to teach the Gospel.
- Pray that the gospel will prevail amidst a culture that has works based salvation, voodooism, prosperity gospel, and atheism so rampant throughout the country. Pray for clarity in truth in the Church.
- Pray for missionaries through IMB, GO Mad Ministries, IJM, & other ministries who have sent missionaries to the DR. Pray that they will have many opportunities to form relationships and share their faith as well as empower the local church.
- Specifically, our contacts at CONANI, the central authority. They have recently had a change in staff so pray for the new staff members.
- Pray for them as they work to advocate for the children and as they make decisions that affect our families and the children.
- Pray for wisdom and creativity for them as they seek to meet the children’s needs and also enact for better policies to help more families and children to be united.
- Pray for a specific family as they are finishing their process in country – 6 month process.
- Pray that the Lord will bring more mission minded families that are excited about a 6 month in country stay.
- Wisdom & grace for our in country team: Madelaine Viñas – our lawyer, Sheila – our facilitator/host
- Pray for wisdom and patience for our stateside team: Beth, Ferrah, Josh